Monday, March 9, 2015

Repent

“I know your works, your toil and your patient endurance, and how you cannot bear with those who are evil … I know you are enduring patiently and bearing up for my name’s sake, and you have not grown weary. But I have this against you; that you have abandoned the love you had at first … repent.” Revelation 2:2-5
He sees my struggle. He sees my work for Him, the commands I work to follow, the obedience I work to carry out. He sees that I am a good girl. But He holds against me that maybe I am a good girl for the wrong reasons. When I first knew Him, I did these things out of love for Him, in awe and in passion to follow Him. Now, I do things out of duty; because I am supposed to; because it makes people think well of me; to fit into a community that is doing the same things – for whatever reasons.
“Repent,” He says.
“Remember from where you have fallen.”
“Turn back to me,” He pleads.

Remember the beginning and why you did what you did; turn back to those motives, for they are good.

No comments: