Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Dear Children

“My dear children, I write this to you so that you will not sin.” 1 John 2:1
I don’t yet know why this strikes me so forcefully, but it does. It feels heavy, but it makes me feel light and like I want to cry. Maybe it’s gratefulness. Maybe it’s the “Dear children” because I am such the child, and this makes me feel specifically cared for.

Update:
“I am writing to you … because your sins have been forgiven on account of his name”“I am writing to you … because you know him”“I am writing to you … because you have overcome the evil one”“I write to you … because you know the Father”“I write to you … because you know him who is from the beginning.”“I write to you because you are strong and the word of God lives in you and you have overcome the evil one.”“I write to you because you know the truth.”“I am writing these things to you about those who are trying to lead you astray.”

I am writing to you, dear children, dear child, to remind you who you are, and that you already know the truth. I write to you to give you strength and encouragement, and to let you know that I know that you know who you are and who God is, and the power that you have in him.

I remind you of the things that you know and the power and strength that you have because I am also writing to warn you of those that are trying and will try to lead you astray and make you forget. There will come a time in the last times when faith will fall away and I want you to remember who you are, and who God is, and to hold on to the strength and the power you have in him.

I am writing to you, dear children, dear child, to open your eyes and to help you see.

This is why it struck me. It is heavy, because it is essential to remember. But I feel so light remembering what is true and what is mine to take hold of. And it makes me want to cry that I am so loved and so filled with his power and his strength.  I felt the warning coming; but thank God – I am equipped.

No comments: